Monday, July 4, 2011

Cockney Rhyming Slang - Teletubby

So a little more up to date for this bit of rhyming slang, I must admit I've never heard anyone use this expression, but have seen it written down and it deserves to be used more often.

Teletubby is used for the much loved family member, the hubby!

I personally think Tinky Winky would make the best husband, Po is too immature and Dipsy and Laa Laa, well their names speak volumes.

Here they are conquering New York one of the few places in the world where they just blend in.

So how would one use this bit of rhyming slang in a sentence?

"some teletubbies have no idea where the vacuum cleaner is, but I use our's all the time and I even call it Noo Noo!"

Other children's characters that have been introduced into the lexicon of rhyming slang include Popeye, Kermit The Frog, Willy Wonka, Pinky & Perkie, Mickey Mouse, George & Zippy and many more, many I'll feature along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment